CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors

on 2003-08-25 14:41:30 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Neil" <njackso@c...> wrote:
> :
> > Snip -->
> I'm sorry my post left more questions. The two(2) axis controller I
> have came from StepperControl.com via E-bay. It is their A100. It
> since has been updated to an s100 or a200 not sure which.
>
> My machine will have the typical xy table with a z lift for the
> dremal tool or cutter head spindle. Ideally I'd like to move the
head
> as opposed to moving the material being cut. Your mention of a 4th
> axis will be the next step when I complete this unit. I envision
> making this into a proto-typing machine.
>
> I was thinking that only one electrical device was needed to go
> between the LPT1 port and the motors, that being the interface.
>
> So I'll need a board that will communicate with the drivers and
> (dependant on # of motors)Drivers for these motors?

The term we use is breakout board. there have been quite a few on
the list in the last month.

the Xylotex has it built in, but your driver may not have a staight
paralle port connection.

a breakout board will allow you to take your step and direction wires
to whatever boards/drivers you choose AND also offer terminals for
home and end switches as well as outputs for start/stop coolant and
such.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Neil 2003-08-24 19:48:33 UTC Controllers and drivers for stepper motors Antonius J.M. Groothuizen 2003-08-24 20:51:27 UTC Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors Chuck Knight 2003-08-24 22:27:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controllers and drivers for stepper motors Yesamazza@a... 2003-08-24 22:28:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controllers and drivers for stepper motors Neil 2003-08-25 07:19:33 UTC Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors Fred Smith 2003-08-25 07:25:49 UTC Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors turbulatordude 2003-08-25 09:49:42 UTC Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors turbulatordude 2003-08-25 14:41:30 UTC Re: Controllers and drivers for stepper motors