CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 2nd Parrallel Port for laptop

Posted by Markwayne
on 2003-09-04 13:25:02 UTC
Avoid notebooks for anything except notes. Notebooks are notorious for
low power drive on their ports and barely meeting the port specs. And
they are difficult/expensive to fix, often a throw out and buy another
situation. This is a case where a para port opto isolator board is a must.

But having said that, you can get PCMCIA cards parallel ports, at least
you used to could. Goggle it and then check ebay for used ones. But the
PC card slot drivers are just going to add more layers to eat cpu
cycles, like Jon said.

Mark