CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Taig Mill Conversion: Motor and Power Supply Selection

on 2003-09-18 13:15:48 UTC
hmmm, running torque and holding torque... Which is more important
or what is thier relevence with Mill's performance?
Does the manufacturer list both type of torques in their specs?
kr.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Statman Designs, LLC"
<titanium@c...> wrote:
> 114 oz-in of RUNNING torque (Tony's emphasis) is probably a
stronger stepper
> motor than 200 oz-in of HOLDING torque. Must be difficult to rate
the
> running torque since it depends on how fast it is running, but
that is
> another point all together.
>
> Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
> www.statmandesigns.com
> dan.statman@r...

Power
> Supply Selection
>

> > 114 oz-in may be OK for a Sherline, but I would not recommend
anything
> less
> > than around 200 oz-in motors for the Taig. The Taig CNC mill is
fitted
> with
> > 200 oz-in motors as standard these days; while you might get
away with
> less
> > on the X and Y axes (mine was originally fitted with 140 oz-in
motors),
> the
> > Z definitely needs more than that.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tony
> >
> > At 19:21 18/09/2003 +0000, Antonius J.M. Groothuizen wrote:
> >
> > >You might want to take a look at US Digital's MS23's at $60 USD
if
> > >you want to buy new. These are rated at 114 in-oz RUNNING
torque,
> > >and were recommended by Mariss for a Sherline.
> > >
> > >Tony
> > >
> > >--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "khalique_rehman"
CarterTools). I

wanliker@a...,
> > >timg@k...
> > >Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> > >
> > >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects
> > >goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru
Google.com to
> > >reach it if you have trouble.
> > >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > >sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for
> > >OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> > >
> > >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING
> > >THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> > Regards,
> > Tony
> >

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Statman Designs, LLC 2003-09-18 13:08:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Taig Mill Conversion: Motor and Power Supply Selection khalique_rehman 2003-09-18 13:15:48 UTC Re: Taig Mill Conversion: Motor and Power Supply Selection