CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] STEPPER CONTROLLER FOR A NEWBIE

Posted by cholm@m...
on 2003-10-03 09:24:03 UTC
Wes:

If you want to do this, I would recommend that you go to the Microchip
Technology Inc. web site, and search for the application note AN822, which
is a cookbook for building a microstepping stepper motor controller with the
PIC18C452. They explain stepper motor principles, provide a basic circuit
diagram, and even give you the code to program the PIC.

After doing the research, I decided I wanted to use CNC, not build CNC, so
purchased a Xylotex board instead.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: wthierry1970 [mailto:wes_thierry@...]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 10:29 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] STEPPER CONTROLLER FOR A NEWBIE

Im new to everything here, and have self taught myself basic
electronics and circuits using a basic stamp. I was wondering if it
is possible to create a stepper motor control from off the shelf
components that are readily available. I have some basic 555 IC's
and other components, Im trying to wire up a NEMA 17 size stepper
salvaged from an old cannon facx machine.

Or is there a stepper controller built into the fax machine board
that I can identify and re-use the parts from.

Thanks

Wes

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner