CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC?

Posted by Paul
on 2003-10-09 09:46:44 UTC
Hi Asim

The BDI-Live is a small download aimed at those who do not wish to undertake
a full ISO worth. Despite it's small size, it features a full GUI desktop
(IceWM), web browser, text editor, and EMC.
It will install to HD*, although it is primarily intended as a demo or test
bed for anyone fearfull of installing linux.

On the down side, it lacks many of the compiler tools and libs that are
normally bundles with the average distro - Additional packages can be
installed from www.debian.org or from the Debian CDs.
Some computers refuse to boot from the Live CD properly, and the default
video mode does not always work.. You also need a minimum of 128Mb of RAM.
The HDD installer has a small bug that causes problems with smaller drives.

It is still under development, hence the _rc tag (short for Release
Candidate). Once a reliable & stable configuration has been found, the rc tag
can be dropped.

Regards, Paul.

irc channel for EMC users at irc.freenode.org
/join #emc
and chat to other users (not many there yet).

Discussion Thread

Asim Khan 2003-10-08 22:48:45 UTC BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 09:46:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Asim Khan 2003-10-09 10:02:57 UTC A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Markwayne 2003-10-09 10:03:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 11:45:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Asim Khan 2003-10-09 22:28:32 UTC Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Jon Elson 2003-10-10 10:26:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC