CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC

Asim Khan wrote:

>Hi paul as far as i know SPINDLE_ON_INDEX is a bit available on
>parallel port that is used to turn on the spindle. Are you sure it
>is a DAC channel number that puts spindle speed information coded in
>voltage form?

Yes, Paul is correct. There are several digital output bits for the
spindle :
; digital out bits

SPINDLE_FORWARD_INDEX = 0
SPINDLE_REVERSE_INDEX = 1
SPINDLE_DECREASE_INDEX = 5
SPINDLE_INCREASE_INDEX = 6
SPINDLE_BRAKE_INDEX = 2

SPINDLE_FORWARD_INDEX, for instance, selects the digital ouptut
bit that turns the spindle on for forward (CCW) rotation. The increase and
decrease bits can be used on machines with the air-motor to crank the
vari-speed drive.

For analog output, there is :
; analog out bits

SPINDLE_ON_INDEX = 3

Which selects the analog (DAC) channel to be used for the spindle speed.

>moreover i havent seen MIN_VOLTS_PER_RPM & MAX_VOLTS_PER_RPM
>variables in ini files used by emc.

This may be becuse you are using a very old version of EMC. This has been
working since about 2-18, but might work as far back as 2-12 if you use
minimilltask.o, but that didn't support the DIGITAL I/O! If you use
the 2-20 BDI, or the build form the latest CVS copy, then you should be
able to use this with bridgeporttask.o, which does support the digital I/O.

Asim Khan 2003-10-08 22:48:45 UTC BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 09:46:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Asim Khan 2003-10-09 10:02:57 UTC A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Markwayne 2003-10-09 10:03:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 11:45:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Asim Khan 2003-10-09 22:28:32 UTC Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Jon Elson 2003-10-10 10:26:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC