CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC

Posted by Paul
on 2003-10-09 11:45:36 UTC
Hi Asim

On Thursday 09 October 2003 6:02 pm, Asim Khan wrote:
> 4. Also i want to know how can i get hold of the spindle speed
>     and tool number variable of EMC? so that i can put a
> corressponding    voltage to some DAC or tool number information on
> the port pin.

This information is output on a spare DAC - The channel is dependant on the
SINDLE_ON_INDEX and also the scaling parameters MIN_VOLTS_PER_RPM &
MAX_VOLTS_PER_RPM.

Getting a signal to indicate the required tool number is a little more
involved and would certainly need a working knowledge of the source code.

> 5. One thing that i dont understand is the NML. Please tell me how
>    does the c source files and the tcltk source files make use of nml?

Neutral Messaging Language is the method used for passing data from one part
of EMC to another. Messages can be passed locally using shared memory or
accross a network using TCP - Parts of EMC (e.g. the GUI) could even be
running on a totally different operating system such as Windows.

>    does nml holds all off the variables used in emc? like
>    jog rate, spindle speed? tool number etc?

NML does pass the tool numbers and spindle speed but it is a non-trivial task
to make this information available to an external device... Just a thought..
NML messages can be passed via an RS232 port, perhaps part of the protocols
could be adapted to un on an 8051.

> PS: somebody post it to sourceforge i dont know how to post to sf
> i am already member to sf but dont know the url to post from

for details to subscribe to the Developers list and send your posts to
Emc-developers AT lists DOT sourceforge DOT net

Alternatively, email me off-list and I can set up a subscribtion for you.

Regards, Paul.

irc channel for EMC users at irc.freenode.org
/join #emc
and chat to other users (not many there yet).

Discussion Thread

Asim Khan 2003-10-08 22:48:45 UTC BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 09:46:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Asim Khan 2003-10-09 10:02:57 UTC A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Markwayne 2003-10-09 10:03:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI Live - Morphix based please comment how is it for EMC? Paul 2003-10-09 11:45:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Asim Khan 2003-10-09 22:28:32 UTC Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC Jon Elson 2003-10-10 10:26:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: A Distributed Control For Tool Changer in EMC