CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Quick change spindle setups

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-03-31 06:38:13 UTC
Les,

Do you have any idea what issue of FWW has the review?
What I'm doing is machining where I need multiple tools. Tolerances
pretty much rule out taking parts in and out of the fixture, and that's
a lot of extra handling (time=$$).
I probably will make the whole spindle/motor assembly easy to remove,
would like to be able to mount a small high speed grinder.
Also, I might well mount a Sherline headstock near the end of my table
travel, and make up some table mounted tool holders, so that I can do
some CNC turning. I've turned parts in a CNC mill spindle before too.

Jon