CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle interior

Posted by Ken Gracey
on 2003-10-31 18:40:53 UTC
RaHex,

As it turned out, I used the 41/42 tool offset instruction and it worked
just fine. For the simple task of routing parts out this seems to be
efficient in FlashCut, but if they added a command for pocketing I'd
really be happy.

I guess I'm delaying the inevitable project of buying a CAM software
while I experiment with their DXF import.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Heckert [mailto:jnr@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 9:52 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle
interior

Does your software have a 'pocketing' instruction. Maybe the command
you're giving is forcing the controller to cut the outside. Did you use
the
proper tool offset (i.e. G41 / G42)?

RayHex

----------
> From: Ken Gracey <kgracey@...>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple problem, but need some help to figure it out. I drew
> a simple circle in ACAD, saved it as DXF. I imported into FlashCut
> CNC and simulated the program. It only milled the edge of the circle
> to 0.25", but it didn't mill the interior.
>
> Is this an import option that I missed, or do I need to draw it
> differently in ACAD?

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

This message has been scanned by WebShield. Please report SPAM to
abuse@....

Discussion Thread

Ken Gracey 2003-10-29 23:22:06 UTC DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle interior John Guenther 2003-10-30 06:53:31 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle interior Raymond Heckert 2003-10-30 21:12:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle interior Ken Gracey 2003-10-31 18:40:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DXF Import in FlashCut: Milling circle interior