CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit

on 2003-11-24 19:25:15 UTC
Bobcad writes the code (gcode) to make it move, you need another
piece to convert the gcode into step/ direction. I use MACH 2 from
artofCNC.com ($150). besides that there are a couple of
shareware/freeware things out there.

MACH 2 works for me, and I like it. You may not. go to google and
enter CAD CAM software and see what you get.

look for key phrases such as step/direction, pulse rate, manual input.

those signify a controler package.
Also most controler packages run under DOS or Linux which is OK.
MACH 2 runs under Windows, which gives a little more flexability in
my case.

thanks
Aaron Moss
www.IndustrialHobbies.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Keoki Christopher"
<dragonclaw192001@y...> wrote:
> Hello everyone I am sure that you guys have probably seen these
> questions before so please bear with me as I am new to this.. I
have
> just purchased a bobcad software and also in the research and
buying
> stages for retrofitiing my RF51 which is equivalent to a grizzly
> G1006 but slightly larger bed bench mill drill. The sales guy at
> Bobcad sold me the software at a show price of $249.00 for the
> version 18. Now I am at the point trying to figure out how and what
> need to do with getting what I have on the computer to the servo
> dirvers and get it to cut out what I have on the bench. Is the
bobcad
> software required to create a software to drive the movements of
the
> servos for me in the 45 days of free technical support? He
indicated
> (the salesguy) that I should not aquire the software til I am
> prepared to use it as the free technical services that are offered
> are not good after 45 days so I am in the process of getting alll
of
> the mechanical stuff out of the way beofre I recieve the osftware
> next month. This way I can try and iron out all of the mechanical
> stuff before the software stuff. can anyone direct me in the right
> direction?I want to make sure I do an smooth transition as possible.
> thanks,
> Newbie George

Discussion Thread

Keoki Christopher 2003-11-23 19:25:36 UTC Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Raymond Heckert 2003-11-24 19:06:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit industrialhobbies 2003-11-24 19:25:15 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Keoki Christopher 2003-11-26 10:58:02 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Robert Campbell 2003-11-26 11:35:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit industrialhobbies 2003-11-26 19:05:54 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit