CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit

on 2003-11-26 10:58:02 UTC
So with Mach2 will it do all the controlling of the steppers that I
want? Also will it take a design part form like say turbo cad cahnge
the drawing to G codes and send the signals back to the stepper
motors for routing and cutting?
Thanks
George

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "industrialhobbies"
<admin@i...> wrote:
> Bobcad writes the code (gcode) to make it move, you need another
> piece to convert the gcode into step/ direction. I use MACH 2 from
> artofCNC.com ($150). besides that there are a couple of
> shareware/freeware things out there.
>
> MACH 2 works for me, and I like it. You may not. go to google and
> enter CAD CAM software and see what you get.
>
> look for key phrases such as step/direction, pulse rate, manual
input.

> those signify a controler package.
> Also most controler packages run under DOS or Linux which is OK.
> MACH 2 runs under Windows, which gives a little more flexability in
> my case.
>
> thanks
> Aaron Moss
> www.IndustrialHobbies.com
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Keoki Christopher"
> <dragonclaw192001@y...> wrote:
> > Hello everyone I am sure that you guys have probably seen these
> > questions before so please bear with me as I am new to this.. I
> have
> > just purchased a bobcad software and also in the research and
> buying
> > stages for retrofitiing my RF51 which is equivalent to a grizzly
> > G1006 but slightly larger bed bench mill drill. The sales guy at
> > Bobcad sold me the software at a show price of $249.00 for the
> > version 18. Now I am at the point trying to figure out how and
what
> > need to do with getting what I have on the computer to the servo
> > dirvers and get it to cut out what I have on the bench. Is the
> bobcad
> > software required to create a software to drive the movements of
> the
> > servos for me in the 45 days of free technical support? He
> indicated
> > (the salesguy) that I should not aquire the software til I am
> > prepared to use it as the free technical services that are
offered
> > are not good after 45 days so I am in the process of getting alll
> of
> > the mechanical stuff out of the way beofre I recieve the osftware
> > next month. This way I can try and iron out all of the mechanical
> > stuff before the software stuff. can anyone direct me in the
right
> > direction?I want to make sure I do an smooth transition as
possible.
> > thanks,
> > Newbie George

Discussion Thread

Keoki Christopher 2003-11-23 19:25:36 UTC Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Raymond Heckert 2003-11-24 19:06:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit industrialhobbies 2003-11-24 19:25:15 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Keoki Christopher 2003-11-26 10:58:02 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit Robert Campbell 2003-11-26 11:35:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit industrialhobbies 2003-11-26 19:05:54 UTC Re: Newbie with Bobcad and bench mill drill retrofit