CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shop Air Lines

on 2003-12-10 07:37:38 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> Ron K wrote:
>
> >Thanks to all who answered , I had no idea it was so complicated
of a
> >subject , but I now understand the reasons for not using plastic .
> >I think I will switch mine to copper when I get time.
> >

> I used PVC water pipe for years with my oilless compressor. When I
> got an oil-lubed compressor, I replaced all the plastic with copper
line
> after a short while. I noticed no deterioration in the plastic
when I tore
> it out. But, others have reported some nasty problems. This was
also
> a single stage compressor, so only about 95 PSI.
>
> Jon

I'm not sure how old that message is.... a simple serach didn't find
the origional post or thead, or maybe I didn't search properly.

anyway, the fastest way is to just buy lengths of air hose. you can
snap it all together and for that day when you want to dust off the
bar-b-q grill, you can just make a long extension hose...

for permanent, go for copper. angle the lines to a drain. I put in
a pet-cock on the bottom of a 12's extension below every connecton.
that way, if there is water in the line, it has a place to go other
than your tools.

Also, for the ultimate, get an old refridgerator and a length of soft
copper. put fittings on the fridge and the coil inside. The cold
will condense the moisture in the air and let it drain. Immeadiatly
after the fridge, install an automatic condensate drain. I found the
air-line drains leak, the condensate for steam ones do not.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Ron K 2003-12-09 17:22:46 UTC Shop Air Lines Jon Elson 2003-12-09 22:06:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-10 07:37:38 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Chris Cowley 2003-12-10 19:33:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shop Air Lines ballendo 2003-12-11 06:40:20 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-11 13:39:50 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines washcomp 2003-12-11 14:41:51 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Tim Goldstein 2003-12-11 20:34:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines