CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shop Air Lines

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-12-11 06:40:20 UTC
Hello,

Did something change here? How is this long thread on shop air lines
related to CNC? And this is a moderators post???

Grease and bearings are off topic, but shop air lines aren't?

Ballendo (bewildered and confused)

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...>
wrote:

> > Ron K wrote:
> >
> > >Thanks to all who answered , I had no idea it was so complicated
> of a
> > >subject , but I now understand the reasons for not using
plastic .
> > >I think I will switch mine to copper when I get time.
> > >

> > I used PVC water pipe for years with my oilless compressor. When
> > got an oil-lubed compressor, I replaced all the plastic with
copper
> line
> > after a short while. I noticed no deterioration in the plastic
> when I tore
> > it out. But, others have reported some nasty problems. This was
> also
> > a single stage compressor, so only about 95 PSI.
> >
> > Jon
>
> I'm not sure how old that message is.... a simple serach didn't
find
> the origional post or thead, or maybe I didn't search properly.
>
> anyway, the fastest way is to just buy lengths of air hose. you
can
> snap it all together and for that day when you want to dust off the
> bar-b-q grill, you can just make a long extension hose...
>
> for permanent, go for copper. angle the lines to a drain. I put
in
> a pet-cock on the bottom of a 12's extension below every
connecton.
> that way, if there is water in the line, it has a place to go
other
> than your tools.
>
> Also, for the ultimate, get an old refridgerator and a length of
soft
> copper. put fittings on the fridge and the coil inside. The cold
> will condense the moisture in the air and let it drain.
Immeadiatly
> after the fridge, install an automatic condensate drain. I found
the
> air-line drains leak, the condensate for steam ones do not.
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

Ron K 2003-12-09 17:22:46 UTC Shop Air Lines Jon Elson 2003-12-09 22:06:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-10 07:37:38 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Chris Cowley 2003-12-10 19:33:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shop Air Lines ballendo 2003-12-11 06:40:20 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-11 13:39:50 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines washcomp 2003-12-11 14:41:51 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Tim Goldstein 2003-12-11 20:34:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines