CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Shop Air Lines

on 2003-12-11 13:39:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did something change here? How is this long thread on shop air
lines
> related to CNC? And this is a moderators post???
>
> Grease and bearings are off topic, but shop air lines aren't?
>
> Ballendo (bewildered and confused)

Hi Ballendo, list,

I chose to post this on-list as a way of introducing myself as a
moderator. This is a one shot post and will not be a habit.
ordinarally, you would get a direct response as I have done with
others about posts.

The way I see it, (and I may be wrong) is that we are building
machines for home use.

I personally use a pneumatic clamping system for my parts lock.

===========================
Air compressor on a pressure switch to turn on and off.
Separate air pressure switch for alarm on a 'getting low' pressure
and a end-switch series connection on "below min press"

All Stainless and plastic and brass parts/fittings/surfaces with no
air drier.

Solenoids that are controlled by software.

-----------------------------

That is integral to the machine. It is controlled by the software.

I have toyed with coolants and misters. These are related, but would
need to be kept on topic if that is possible. Probably would be
banned pretty quickly.

I think (and again, may be wrong) is a topic that is mentioned has
some interest and if there is interest, and it is on topic or really
close, (moderators discression) it should be discussed. If it is off
topic, Then there is a brief window of people posting links or
referring to other groups where it is chatted about. Wadda-ya think
3 or 4 posts before it goes astray ?

Vacuum tables would also be one of those gray areas. It could stay
on topic, but it could drift.

Ditto for pneumatic parts locks and parts advancers and such. They
could stay on topic, but could also drift easily.

Our long time members have been great at keeping the faith so to
speak and not posting stuff getting off topic.

The newbies get the list rules and we can only hope that they read
them and understand.

Personally, I prefer that they search the site, if only
superficially, to see if we discussed their topic recently BEFORE
they posted their first post.

Being a novice list moderator, I have been watching this thread
carefully to make sure it does not go astray and am poised to pull
the plug quickly if it does.

Since this thread IS treading that fine line, and as a new list
moderator who has to cut one's teeth in that learning stage, I
thought an on-post response would clarify this thread.

That said, ANY comments or ANY questions regarding this post should
be directed to the moderators, or to me directly - OFF LIST.

Do not reply to this post on the list.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Ron K 2003-12-09 17:22:46 UTC Shop Air Lines Jon Elson 2003-12-09 22:06:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-10 07:37:38 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Chris Cowley 2003-12-10 19:33:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Shop Air Lines ballendo 2003-12-11 06:40:20 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines turbulatordude 2003-12-11 13:39:50 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines washcomp 2003-12-11 14:41:51 UTC Re: Shop Air Lines Tim Goldstein 2003-12-11 20:34:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Shop Air Lines