CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: MPG Source?

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-12-14 16:46:19 UTC
Depending on your budget, I've seen Fanuc units on E-Bay for about
$45, but they are pretty deep. The normal encoder should work, but
doesn't have a dial or detents.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jcc3inc" <jccinc@o...>
wrote:
> > Gentlemen:
> >
> > In my previous post I forgot to ask if anyone knows of a source
for
> an
> > MPG; who makes units with detents, and what are toe prices? We
> > hobbyists are always looking for low cost answers.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jack C.
>

> manual pulse generator ? I see it two ways. one is a 555 chip
with
> a button to move it one way or another.
>
> the other is an encoder connected to a handwheel. The encoder
> would/should be set to send a pulse train, not a lenght of pulses.
>
> the idea is that a slow move moves the table slowly and a real
fast
> spin will move it fast as long as the handwheel is spinning, and
NOT
> let the handwheel count up 100,000 steps that will take 2 minutes
> reach. that would bust the table.
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

jcc3inc 2003-12-14 08:14:34 UTC MPG Source? turbulatordude 2003-12-14 10:50:23 UTC Re: MPG Source? washcomp 2003-12-14 16:46:19 UTC Re: MPG Source?