CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: MPG Source?

on 2003-12-14 10:50:23 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jcc3inc" <jccinc@o...> wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
> In my previous post I forgot to ask if anyone knows of a source for
an
> MPG; who makes units with detents, and what are toe prices? We
> hobbyists are always looking for low cost answers.
>
> Regards,
> Jack C.

manual pulse generator ? I see it two ways. one is a 555 chip with
a button to move it one way or another.

the other is an encoder connected to a handwheel. The encoder
would/should be set to send a pulse train, not a lenght of pulses.

the idea is that a slow move moves the table slowly and a real fast
spin will move it fast as long as the handwheel is spinning, and NOT
let the handwheel count up 100,000 steps that will take 2 minutes to
reach. that would bust the table.

Dave

Discussion Thread

jcc3inc 2003-12-14 08:14:34 UTC MPG Source? turbulatordude 2003-12-14 10:50:23 UTC Re: MPG Source? washcomp 2003-12-14 16:46:19 UTC Re: MPG Source?