CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills

Posted by RichD
on 2003-12-15 19:38:36 UTC
Dan and Jerry,
Servo and Dyna are two different companies and very at odds with each other.
Servo made a benchtop handscrew mill at one time. Early 70's (?)
Someone ripped off the design almost to a T, but CNC'd it and manf'd in Taiwan.
The Dyna Myte DM2000 was the result.
Servo later did the same to their line.
What you see on Ebay are the Taiwan made Dyn Myte mills in many versions and
also there is a CNC lathe as well. They are all very nice iron.
The preffered Dyna mill is the DM2400 as it is bigger and the bugs were pretty much
worked out of the electronics. The 2800 was a big leap in weight. Hardly benchtop.
In any case, it's a case of good iron, strip out the old controls and replace
with modern steppers or servo and PC control.
I knew the old man at servo and heard the tale from another aqaintance years
after he died via a strange coincidence over a CNC'd turbine wheel part.
RichD

Jerry Kimberlin wrote:

> Statman Designs, LLC wrote:
>
> >Bill (and others),
> >
> >Currently eBay has no listings for these particular mills.
> >
> Actually, there are some Dan, Do your search under Dyna Mite or Dyna
> Mechtronics. There are always several advertised. Pretty good stuff to
> get and just throw away the controller in favor of a more modern PC.
> Well, you know about that part......
>
> JerryK

Discussion Thread

Statman Designs, LLC 2003-12-15 17:48:33 UTC Servo Impact Desktop Mills Jerry Kimberlin 2003-12-15 19:07:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills RichD 2003-12-15 19:38:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills Jerry Kimberlin 2003-12-15 20:18:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills RichD 2003-12-15 20:58:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills bluecoast1 2003-12-15 22:29:22 UTC Re: EBAY Servo Impact Desktop Mills Dan Mauch 2003-12-16 09:14:20 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills