CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills

on 2003-12-15 20:18:51 UTC
RichD wrote:

>Servo and Dyna are two different companies and very at odds with each other.
>Servo made a benchtop handscrew mill at one time. Early 70's (?)
>Someone ripped off the design almost to a T, but CNC'd it and manf'd in Taiwan.
>The Dyna Myte DM2000 was the result.

Hi Rich, that is exactly what happened, but if you want a Servo then you
will probably have to settle for the knockoff, maybe. I have never seen
a Servo on ebay but the Dyna is ever present.

>What you see on Ebay are the Taiwan made Dyna Myte mills in many versions and
>also there is a CNC lathe as well. They are all very nice iron.

I can't speak to where they were made. A friend of mine has a little
Dynamyte - 1800 maybe

>The preferred Dyna mill is the DM2400 as it is bigger and the bugs were pretty much
>worked out of the electronics.

My friend's dyna software is pretty much the pits. Doesn't recognize
certain commands that are there according to the programming manual,
etc. This one would be a good candidate for an upgrade to modern
software and PC control as I see it. Everything is there - moters,
ballscrews, and the controller works - sort of. I don't know if every
Dyna of that vintage and size has the same problems, but the iron is
good as you say. I don't even think you would have to replace the
steppers unless you want it to go faster. For a hobby machine or low
productivity experimentation it could be an excellent choice I'm really
looking forward to when my friend might sell his Dyna. Unfortunately he
wants $3K for it and it isn't worth it.

JerryK

Discussion Thread

Statman Designs, LLC 2003-12-15 17:48:33 UTC Servo Impact Desktop Mills Jerry Kimberlin 2003-12-15 19:07:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills RichD 2003-12-15 19:38:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills Jerry Kimberlin 2003-12-15 20:18:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills RichD 2003-12-15 20:58:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills bluecoast1 2003-12-15 22:29:22 UTC Re: EBAY Servo Impact Desktop Mills Dan Mauch 2003-12-16 09:14:20 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Impact Desktop Mills