CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ac servo motors

Posted by tommy clay
on 2004-01-01 16:50:34 UTC
Shockley,

An AC Inverter is only capable of speed control. If
you want to do position control with an AC motor, you
need a Vector drive.

Also, don't confuse an AC inverter duty Induction
motor with an AC servo....the only similaritis between
the two is that they both spin and both use
electricity.

Baldor has some good info on all kinds of motors
http://www.baldor.com/support/literature_manuals.asp

Tommy