CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cable shielding - will this work for testing purposes?

Posted by dex367
on 2004-01-05 04:42:39 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Pete S <pete_simmons@b...>
wrote:
>> Otherwise, would surrounding the cables in some sort of conductive
> material (aluminium foil/steel tube ??) and grounding this using
short
> lengths of wire held against the foil (or whatever) with cable ties
> suffice?

Always Shield.
If you go into Newarkinone.com there is a tinned copper braid that
will fit over your existing cableing. It is on page 1755 of catalog
121. or Digikey.com page 1040 of catalog T041 Jan-Apr 04.
Remember only ground the end of the shield at the source of what is
being transmitted. One end only.
I design motor controls for a living. It will make a big difference.
I always used braided shielded cable when running anything.

Dex

Discussion Thread

Pete S 2004-01-02 19:08:24 UTC Cable shielding - will this work for testing purposes? Robin Szemeti 2004-01-03 06:00:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cable shielding - will this work for testing purposes? dex367 2004-01-05 04:42:39 UTC Re: Cable shielding - will this work for testing purposes?