CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need help with a Hypertherm...

Posted by jeff_birt2000
on 2004-01-07 06:07:20 UTC
Such tables are normally available from the manufacturer. They are
normally included with the power supply or torch. The manufacturers
compile these tables by doing actual cuts so they are an invaluable
aid. That being said they are only meant to serve as a guide, you
may find that your optimal settings will vary a bit from the table.

Jeff Birt

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "xpc_cjr" <chuck.nan@g...>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a plasma cutter newbie. I recently purchased a 4 x 8 CNC table
> that I mounted a Hypertherm PowerMax 1000 to with a machine head. I
> currently have the 40amp nozzle installed, but I also have the 60amp
> nozzle. I did read through the manual and have correctly done all
> the
> hookups. I have been doing some practice cuts and have had decent
> result, but i want to ask the group for help.
>
> I'm sure there are many of you out there with many years of
> experience
> and I have none!! Can someone offer me some advice so that i can
> compile a handy cut chart for myself. I am looking for information
> such as: material type / thickness / standoff / Amperage / cut
speed
> / air pressure. I home to cut mild steel, stainless, and aluminum.
> Right now I am suffering from ALOT of dross and I'm just looking for
> some guidance.
>
> Thank you. If I did post to the wrong group could someone at least
> tell me where to look for this information.
>
> Please post or reply to chuck dot nan at gte dot net

Discussion Thread

xpc_cjr 2004-01-06 18:17:25 UTC Need help with a Hypertherm... Peter Renolds 2004-01-06 19:25:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help with a Hypertherm... Robert Campbell 2004-01-06 19:57:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help with a Hypertherm... Aberegg Tim 2004-01-06 22:15:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need help with a Hypertherm... jeff_birt2000 2004-01-07 06:07:20 UTC Re: Need help with a Hypertherm... David Paulson 2004-01-07 06:19:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need help with a Hypertherm... caudlet 2004-01-09 20:58:32 UTC Re: Need help with a Hypertherm...