CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Installing EMC on a computer

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2004-02-15 10:21:17 UTC
grub: means = (you fool "bill gates is laughing")

This was trying to transfer the Morphix Linux with RTlinux OS onto my
ide hard drive. It crashed the grub loader. Possibly, I got a email
saying that I could have just typed MORPHIX to load the new system
from the hard drive. Too late now, I have redhat on that machine too.
Took till 4am thou. I am kinda stubborn for sure.

David.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Bill Vance <ccq@x> wrote:
> What kind of hard drives are you using? Either scsi, or
ide/eide/ATAPI will do,
> but if you combine scsi and ide/eide/ATAPI drives on one system,
setups can be a
> real problem, sometimes. Grub is your boot loader, it tells the
system where
> the kernel, and root, (/), file system are. If you're running a
combo system
> like I mentioned above, you might have to install it on the
ide/eide/ATAPI
> drive while telling it to boot from the scsi, or other
manipulations, if thats
> where/how you've got things set up.
>
> Also, you need to either compile real time support into your kernel,
patch it
> into your kernel, and then compile it, or possibly both, depending
on your
> system. I'm reasonably familier with Caldera, and SuSe linux, but
can't comment
> on your Redhat or Mandrake distributions. If memory serves, some
EMC distros
> [...]
for stuff
> that require the original kernel, but I haven't heard anything about
that so
> far. You should have a man page for grub/grub.conf, as well as
lilo/lilo.conf.

> Bill
>

> On Sun Feb 15 06:53:57 2004 ibewgypsie wrote:
>
> >Howdy.. Newbie to EMC, Linux
> >
> > Scratching my head. I purchased Redhat Linux 9.0, has kernel 2.4.0
> >installed it and like it on one of my machines/two hard drives choose
> >boot. Perfect windows substitute, Downloaded Dos-emu (runs turbocnc in
> >linux), like it. Downloaded Rqbasic for linux, like it. familiar with
> >all that so I thought.
> >
> > I tried for 3 months to make EMC work with the new redhat. I got to
> >reload quite a few times. I burned the BDI .iso image to cdrom. Sure
> >enough the orginal image won't boot. I burned the Morphix image and it
> >does work on both machines. I figured I would replace the dos-turbocnc
> >on the shop machine. (it is cold out there too) The install crapped
> >out. Lots of setup scripts out there, none work with my machine.
> >The setup is lost each boot. Second edition BDI has a hard drive
> >install fix. I tried it, crashed the hard drive. it had the prompt
> >GRUB and nothing else. Email responses are that nobody is familiar
> >with the grub boot. RTLINUX is kicking my butt in redhat.
> >
> >Contacting a dealer who sells redhat 9.0 cnc-computers on the internet
> >resulted in him offering me a complete system. I offered to purchase a
> >hard drive. No dice. I have spent quite a few hours reloading Linux
> >OS. Purchased several copies of linux, Mandrake 9.1, Linux 6.2 (won't
> >see the usb mouse). No help.
> >
> >No time for college (too much child support), where does a dos-windows
> >type guy go to learn?
> >
> >I am running turbocnc on a bridgeport cnc converted from paper tape to
> >intel 2.4/intel motherboard, onboard graphics, hex inverter for
> >stepper drive logic, opto-22 inputs-outputs via G4 rack. So far it is
> >the fanciest drill press in Tunnel Hill Georgia. I started with Geckos
> >but had heat-inertia problems now have Larken Drives running the
> >orginal nema 42 motors. I can help with conversions of like machines
> >since I have mine working.
> >
> >Any help here? I like the looks and program EMC.
> >
> >I have schematics on the orginal drives and now the ones on my machine
> > if anyone needs them.
> >
> >Ohh by the way, communication is my poor skill.
> >
> >Thanks
> >David Cofer ibewgypsie@h...
> >

> >Addresses:
> >FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> >Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> >Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
timg@k...
> >Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j... [Moderators]
> >
> >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> >bill
> >List Mom
> >List Owner
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --

> * *
> RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! *
4-19!
> * *

> An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who
hath no
> weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon,
sell his
> hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment,
and buy a
> on every side!! | 1-1911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword.
--Jesus Christ

> Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE
CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

ibewgypsie 2004-02-15 06:54:07 UTC Installing EMC on a computer Bill Vance 2004-02-15 08:24:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Installing EMC on a computer ibewgypsie 2004-02-15 10:21:17 UTC Re: Installing EMC on a computer Ray Henry 2004-02-16 07:01:36 UTC Re: Installing EMC on a computer RiffRaff 2004-02-16 07:41:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Installing EMC on a computer