CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I want to cry !!! another fried Gecko + very, very hot motor,

Posted by Dave Fisher
on 2004-03-11 17:40:19 UTC
Sounds like the volts to the motor are too high - the motor should not get
excessivly warm in the idle (locked) position.

Dave Fisher UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Mueller [mailto:mueller914@...]
Sent: 11 March 2004 21:31
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I want to cry !!! another fried Gecko + very,
very hot motor,

used my mill last night for a few minutes, I made a few very light
cuts, then the machine sat idle for about 30 minutes, I entered a
command and nothing happened, I touched the motor (X is the only axis
hooked up right now) and i burnt myself.....fuse blown as well.

I plugged the wires into a new motor and the trip light immediatly
glowed red.(new fuse)

What am I doing wrong? Is it a setting on the computer that is
causing the motor to overheat? Once the motor overheats, does it fry
the Gecko(s) (340)?? my Y gecko wouldn't work as well

who can i send the powersupply w/geckos, motors and computer to
troubleshoot? I'm about ready to give up !!!!!!

the motors are Litton (Clifton Precision-North)
CPN JDH-2250-FQ-1C
P/N 4798739
D/C 9037
I'm trying to find the specs of these motors, but so far, no luck.

thanks,

Mike Mueller
Antioch, CA

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.