CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current?

Kevin R. Walsh wrote:

>All-
>
>I removed the control cabinets from my rigid ram Bridgeport Series I
>CNC when the riggers moved the machine into my shop. I fully
>intended to to a complete update, so I was less than detail oriented
>when I disconnected everything. OK, I admit it, I "disconnected"
>most of the cables with a hacksaw. The riggers were standing there
>to the tune of $125/hour, so I had to work quickly.
>
>Anyway, what voltage do the stepper motors on the Brideports run?

Stepper motors run on current, not voltage.

>intend to remove all of the drives and supplies and replacing them
>with Gecko 201s for now. I was planning on building a new DC supply
>out of what is left in the box, but wasn't sure what to build it to.

Note the DC supply in BOSS machines has a 3-phase power transformer.

>Obviously something less than the 80V the Geckos want to see.

If you are using Gecko drives, then 70 V is a good value. That will require
a transformer with a 50 V RMS output.

Kevin R. Walsh 2004-03-12 09:26:17 UTC Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current? barker806 2004-03-12 09:32:02 UTC Re: Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current? Jon Elson 2004-03-12 10:41:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current? Les Newell 2004-03-13 03:56:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current? Tim Leech 2004-03-13 05:27:11 UTC Re: Bridgeport Stepper Voltage/Current?