CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-03-26 06:03:34 UTC
Hello,

Check out the pittman motors website. Both Fred S of DeskCNC and
Aaron Moss of industrial hobbies seem to be using them with good
success...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Abby Katt" <abbylynx@y...>
wrote:
> Hello again my ever helpful machining allies! :)
>
> Well, I finally cracked and ordered some nice gecko servo DC
drivers.
> I'm still using a sherline mill at the moment, but expect to be
> buying a nice big mill to convert to CNC later on this year, so
these
> drivers go well with that migration plan (plus, I'm nearly done
> hacking my sherline spindle to put out 10K RPM rather than the
meager
> 2800RPM default) so I need some more cutting speed than the very
> limiting 1ft(300MM)/min that my steppers have been (un)reliably
> giving me.
>
> My question is this: where can I find a cheap source of DC servo's
> that will be well-suited for good speed on my sherline? I don't
want
> to spend a fortune here, I just want something that's well and
better
> than my current steppers for the time being, until I get my big
mill
> setup. .. yes.. I've checked Ebay too, but not much there is
> available to the United Kingdom.
>
> Thanks!

Discussion Thread

Abby Katt 2004-03-26 04:01:07 UTC Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle Fred Smith 2004-03-26 06:03:28 UTC Re: Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle ballendo 2004-03-26 06:03:34 UTC Re: Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle Peter Renolds 2004-03-26 08:23:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle Fred Smith 2004-03-26 09:50:44 UTC Re: Cheap DC servos for a Sherline/10,000RPM sherline spindle