CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PCI 4 axis step and direction board

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2004-03-30 15:45:21 UTC
Howdy..

I bought a PCI card for OPTO-22 products, it has 24 fixed I/O. Problem with
some software is the addresses it sets at. I have a couple of the older ones,
that fit a isa slot.. I have used them a lot with the pamux type I/o

I use a 7414 hex inverter (simple to make) hooked to step/dir pins on my
machine. It invertes and has a schmitt trigger output and helps to isolate the
parallel port from the drives.. As you probably know you have to invert the
signal to a sinking signal and the port by my meter is a positive one.. THEN
using the old legend 4 I/O opto cards bought on ebay I input the home
switches and output the drive signal for the inverter, coolant and
accessories.. this way you don't hardly have anything in your logic system..
Opto-22 boards go for less than $10 on ebay. There are different types thou,
negative and positive logic.. you have to read the pdfs online..

David..

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>

<tclay_35117@y...>