CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mill-Drill CNC retrofits

Posted by Art Eckstein
on 2004-03-31 14:31:04 UTC
Chris,
While I have not used any of his products yet, I was looking for some
information and a phone call to Industrial Hobbies was most
informative. Aaron Moss
was most congenial and forthcoming with my request. In addition to being a
nice guy, he sounds like he has his head screwed on his shoulders properly
and has a lot of good ideas.

I for one will be using him in the future for my conversion!

At 02:23 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm doing some research on which CNC retrofit will work best for my
>Rong-Fu/Enco-Grizzle Round-Column Mill-Drill (actually a Busy Bee
>Model 1977).
>
>What I am looking for is something that I can "bolt-on" without too
>many modifications to the mill, and, of course, something reasonably
>priced. So far I have looked at:
>
>- IndustrialHobbies
>- Microkinetics
>- FlashcutCNC
>- AjaxCNC
>- CNCMasters
>
>I would be interested to know who out there has dealt with any of
>these vendors and performed their retrofits. Are their retrofits
>easy to perform? Is the performance of the retrofit system
>reasonable? Were you satisfied with their service, support & price?
>Are there any other vendors you could recommend - particularly in
>Canada?
>
>If you prefer to not post your opinion on the board,please drop me
>an e-mail at chris.armour@....
>
>thanks!
>
>Chris

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)
In God We Trust

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

http://ns1.dicomm.net/~axtein/dro

torchris 2004-03-31 11:54:05 UTC Mill-Drill CNC retrofits Art Eckstein 2004-03-31 14:31:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mill-Drill CNC retrofits torchris 2004-03-31 18:44:01 UTC Re: Mill-Drill CNC retrofits protman16 2004-03-31 19:13:01 UTC Re: Mill-Drill CNC retrofits