CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mill-Drill CNC retrofits

Posted by torchris
on 2004-03-31 18:44:01 UTC
Bubba,

Thanks for the response. I have talked to Aaron at Industrial
Hobbies as well and he does seem like he has his act together. Of
all the vendors, he also seems to have the most information posted
about the actual conversion process. Just trying to make sure I do
all my research before I spend my hard earned dollars! :-)

ca

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Art Eckstein <axtein@d...>
wrote:
> Chris,
> While I have not used any of his products yet, I was looking for
some
> information and a phone call to Industrial Hobbies was most
> informative. Aaron Moss
> was most congenial and forthcoming with my request. In addition to
being a
> nice guy, he sounds like he has his head screwed on his shoulders
properly
> and has a lot of good ideas.
>
> I for one will be using him in the future for my conversion!
>
> At 02:23 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >I'm doing some research on which CNC retrofit will work best for
my
> >Rong-Fu/Enco-Grizzle Round-Column Mill-Drill (actually a Busy Bee
> >Model 1977).
> >
> >What I am looking for is something that I can "bolt-on" without
too
> >many modifications to the mill, and, of course, something
reasonably
> >priced. So far I have looked at:
> >
> >- IndustrialHobbies
> >- Microkinetics
> >- FlashcutCNC
> >- AjaxCNC
> >- CNCMasters
> >
> >I would be interested to know who out there has dealt with any of
> >these vendors and performed their retrofits. Are their retrofits
> >easy to perform? Is the performance of the retrofit system
> >reasonable? Were you satisfied with their service, support &
price?
> >Are there any other vendors you could recommend - particularly in
> >Canada?
> >
> >If you prefer to not post your opinion on the board,please drop me
> >an e-mail at chris.armour@s...
> >
> >thanks!
> >
> >Chris
> >

> Bubba
>
> OLDER THAN DIRT
> Country Bubba
> (Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)
> In God We Trust
>
> axtein@d...
> LaGrange, GA
>
> http://ns1.dicomm.net/~axtein/dro

torchris 2004-03-31 11:54:05 UTC Mill-Drill CNC retrofits Art Eckstein 2004-03-31 14:31:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mill-Drill CNC retrofits torchris 2004-03-31 18:44:01 UTC Re: Mill-Drill CNC retrofits protman16 2004-03-31 19:13:01 UTC Re: Mill-Drill CNC retrofits