CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAD/CAM for Education

Posted by Jerry Julian
on 2004-04-28 22:56:13 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Julian"
<DOUGSTUIV@c...>
> wrote:
> > I teach CAD at the high school level, and am considering adding a
> > CAM unit. I have two questions:
> > Does anyone have suggestions on an affordable bench-top size
> > mill
> > that will survive in an classroom environment? I would like
> > something more robust than the little toy-size units that are
> > marketed to educational institutions, with a work envelope at
least
> > 4 x 6 x 12 inches or so. I don't have room for, nor can afford, a
> > full size machine.
> > Also, any suggestions on affordable software to convert files
> > from
> > AutoCAD, Inventor, or maybe Rhino to G-code?
> > Doug
>
> Doug, I taught CAD until a couple of years ago. We used the
TECHNO
> line of router mills for educational service. I had a 12" x 14" x
3"
> machine in the drafting area and we had three or four of similar
size
> in the wood technology area with one that was 22" x 30" x about
7".
> I was using AutoCAD, Rhino, and MasterCAM computer programs. Being
> taught the drafting, we used all of the above but the students in
> wood technology used the CAD system in MasterCAM only. We also use
> MasterCAM at our Skill Center with industrial size machines. Where
> are you located and if you want additional information, contact me
> directly at my e-mail address above. The TECHNO is a gantry style
> machine and we used them for wood routering, masters in 3-D of
wood,
> high density foam and machineable wax. Jerry

Doug, I tried to contact you via your E-mail address attached to
message but it would not go through. My home e-mail is
jbjulian@... and you can contact me there for additional
information on what we used. Jerry

Discussion Thread

dougstuiv 2004-04-28 14:44:35 UTC CAD/CAM for Education Dave Fisher 2004-04-28 15:13:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD/CAM for Education David A. Frantz 2004-04-28 15:40:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD/CAM for Education Jerry Julian 2004-04-28 19:12:30 UTC Re: CAD/CAM for Education Fred Smith 2004-04-28 19:13:53 UTC Re: CAD/CAM for Education work 2004-04-28 19:14:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CAD/CAM for Education Jerry Julian 2004-04-28 22:56:13 UTC Re: CAD/CAM for Education