CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Confused on software....little help please!

Posted by notoneleft
on 2004-06-01 08:13:14 UTC
When you save the .dxf, does it give you any options on the type or
version of .dxf? If so, try the different versions first. Before you
upgrade, I'd try a demo to make sure that it will work for you.

Gerry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "microboter" <jdavis211@c...>
wrote:
> I tried Sheetcam, nice program thanks, but it must be my old
freebie
> version of TurboCad. It does not import the arc correctly into any
> program I try. The arc was made by making a circle then cutting it
> in half. Could this be the problem? Should I make the half circle
by
> using a regular arc function? It seems to me its either how I am
> drawing it, or I need to upgrade to the $129.00 version of TurboCad.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Microboter
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "notoneleft" <ger21@c...>
> wrote:
> > You might want to also look at ACE converter, from
> > http://www. dakeng.com
> >
> > With both ACE and Sheetcam, you can make multiple passes from a
> > 2D .dxf
> >

> > Gerry
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "microboter"
> > <jdavis211@c...> wrote:
> > > Thanks I will take a look at the link. Most of the stuff I
want
> > > do is simple cutouts (for now at least). Will be working with
> > > plastic and AL up to 1/2" or so with a 1/8" 2 flute mill. To do
> > this
> > > I need need to be able to make several passes say at .05" each
> pass
> > > right?
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help,
> > >
> > > Microboter
> > >

> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "notoneleft"
<ger21@c...>
> > want
> > your .dxf's

> > you

> > > <jdavis211@c...>
> am
following.

> > > cut
> > > The
> the
> > > with
> single
> > > with
> save
> > > in

> now

> am
> > > one!

Discussion Thread

microboter 2004-05-31 18:11:40 UTC Confused on software....little help please! notoneleft 2004-05-31 18:22:55 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! microboter 2004-05-31 20:50:54 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! notoneleft 2004-06-01 04:30:17 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! microboter 2004-06-01 08:09:02 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! notoneleft 2004-06-01 08:13:14 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! kakushaku 2004-06-01 08:23:28 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please! Les Newell 2004-06-01 08:33:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Confused on software....little help please! Ron K 2004-06-01 09:58:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Confused on software....little help please! microboter 2004-06-03 06:31:52 UTC Re: Confused on software....little help please!