CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Aerotech Motors with WorldServo Drives

Posted by Peter Renolds
on 2004-06-16 06:43:30 UTC
Hi Mark,

Have you tried calling World Servo? They might be your best source of
help, if no-one here responds. To begin with, I would reduce your Kp
and Kv values and Ki can be set to zero to begin with. What are the
maximum values? (Maybe32,768?) Try something more in the 1000 - 5000
range. If you browse the Galil website - specifically:
http://www.galilmc.com/support/appnotes/optima/note3413.pdf you'll get
a better idea about the relationship between P,I & D and how to tune a
servo system. Gecko's and Rutex's websites also have some tuning info
pertaining to their drives, but it still is helpful.

Does the motor make any noise? If you try and move the motor shaft
(when the drive is powered up) does it resist your effort? Are you
absolutely sure your software is putting out step (and direction)
commands? These are big motors - what machine are you installing them
on? FYI, it appears you'll only get about 1000 rpm at 60 volts based on
the 60V/krpm and the drive is limited to 75V.

Cheers, Peter