CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Computers in the Shop

on 2004-07-01 22:28:15 UTC
Thanks for the responses so far.

Any others....or does everyone else not use a computer when
CNCing? ;<)))

Thanks for any other recommendations you can offer.

TMT

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "too_many_tools"
<too_many_tools@y...> wrote:
> I am putting together a CNC outfit for my shop.
>
> I have a variety of computers available to me (laptops,
> horizontal/vertical desktops, rack mounts) to choose from for the
> controller. Same goes for the furniture that the computer will be
in
> or on.
>
> I would like to hear from others as to what your computer
> configuration is and how well it works for you.
>
> Some of the issues that I am looking at...
>
> How important is it to have the computer ruggedized for the less
than
> favorable conditions that a shop environment presents?
>
> What type of rack, desk, table, etc. do you use to hold your
> equipment?
>
> How portable? Built into a stationary rack/desk or should it be
> portable to move around to different machines?
>
> Do you use it standing or sitting?
>
> How big a display? Monochrome or color? CRT or LCD?
>
> What type of keyboard? Mouse or trackball?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> TMT

Discussion Thread

too_many_tools 2004-06-27 13:17:51 UTC Computers in the Shop cnc002@a... 2004-06-27 15:13:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Computers in the Shop washcomp 2004-06-27 18:15:29 UTC Re: Computers in the Shop too_many_tools 2004-07-01 22:28:15 UTC Re: Computers in the Shop Jon Elson 2004-07-02 09:27:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Computers in the Shop