CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] limits

Posted by Art Eckstein
on 2004-08-17 04:09:21 UTC
Gene,
Afraid I can't help you on this one as I know nothing of EMC

At 10:27 PM 8/16/2004, you wrote:

>I am using EMC.
>
>Art Eckstein wrote:
> >
> > Which CNC program?
> >
> > They are all different and in some cases, it also depends on the switch
> > (break before make, break after make) as it sounds like you are trying to
> > use the same switch for both homing an limits.
> >
> > As the movie robot said, "Need more input"
> >
> > At 07:46 PM 8/16/2004, you wrote:
> > >I'm still having problems with my home switches, I think I get
> > >interference with my limits. The limits all work good. I have a DB1V2.0
> > >from Axxus Technologies. All my limits are hooked together both + & -
> > >hooked up normally closed as are all the home switches. any switch will
> > >break the chain. The polarity in the ini file is set to 1 . I have 4
> > >wires to the breakout board, two for the limits and two for the home. I
> > >hooked the 2 wires from the home switches to pin 12 which has both + and
> > >- terminals, I don't think the polarity should matter. I hooked the two
> > >wires from the limits to pin 13. In this config. I could not get out of
> > >e-stop so I added two jumper wires from pin 13 to pin 15 plus to plus
> > >and minus to minus. This works good for the limits but the home in
> > >weird. sometimes they will find the switch and work fine. sometimes they
> > >will find the switch but fail to back off the .100 I set in the ini.
> > >sometimes they just move .100 from where the are and home.
> > >I hope someone could help with this. Thank You

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)
In God We Trust

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

http://ns1.dicomm.net/~axtein/dro

Gene 2004-08-16 16:49:35 UTC limits Art Eckstein 2004-08-16 18:12:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] limits Gene 2004-08-16 19:27:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] limits Art Eckstein 2004-08-17 04:09:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] limits