CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig cnc ready help for a newbie

on 2004-08-25 04:51:12 UTC
I have a Sherline, so I can't speak to the issue of swaping out the
motor. However, I'm using the Xylotex driver and am very pleased with
it. I've tried using the Mach software, but just didn't care for it.
The typical benefit of Windows software is the user interface. Mach had
plenty of functionality, but my mind kept fighting with the interface
layout. Anyhow, I've been trying out TurboCNC for DOS and find I can
operate things a lot quicker with the keyboard. This is just a personal
preference, though, and not a slam against Mach. I'm sure it's very
capable software or there wouldn't be so many users. As far as a power
supply goes, a few people on the Xylotex group, including myself, have
purchased the following:
http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HAR&
Product_Code=TM00PWS4420&Category_Code=PWS. It provides 24VDC @8A and
5VDC for the logic, which is nice with the older Xylotex boards. I
don't know if the newer Xylotex requires the same logic power supply. I
got my 282oz-in steppers from http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/. He is out
of these motors, but I think he has some ~250oz-in available.

Good luck,
Archie