CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Taig cnc ready help for a newbie

on 2004-08-25 05:23:48 UTC
Ok,

Let me repeat that my intention was not to slam Mach2. I was just
stating my first impression of the interface. However, in all fairness
I really should not have said anything at all about Mach2. Since I only
gave it an honest afternoon's effort, I should let the folks that have
more experience with it debate it's strengths and weaknesses. And
again, I'm sure it wouldn't have the following it does if it wasn't a
capable piece of software.

-Archie

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance Hopper [mailto:snaggletto@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 7:12 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Taig cnc ready help for a newbie

Hey,
Yes, Mach2's interface, as you download it, is a mess of buttons
and readouts. Most use the included screen designer to create their
own user infterface, to their own specifications. All buttons can be
assigned hot keys if you prefer keyboard control etc... If you don't
like it, don't use it. Just wanted to let you know you can change
it.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jones, Joseph A1"
<joseph.a1.jones@l...> wrote:
> I have a Sherline, so I can't speak to the issue of swaping out the
> motor. However, I'm using the Xylotex driver and am very pleased
with
> it. I've tried using the Mach software, but just didn't care for
it.
> The typical benefit of Windows software is the user interface.
Mach had
> plenty of functionality, but my mind kept fighting with the
interface
> layout. Anyhow, I've been trying out TurboCNC for DOS and find I
can
> operate things a lot quicker with the keyboard. This is just a
personal
> preference, though, and not a slam against Mach. I'm sure it's very
> capable software or there wouldn't be so many users. As far as a
power
> supply goes, a few people on the Xylotex group, including myself,
have
> purchased the following: http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?
Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HAR&
> Product_Code=TM00PWS4420&Category_Code=PWS. It provides 24VDC @8A
and
> 5VDC for the logic, which is nice with the older Xylotex boards. I
> don't know if the newer Xylotex requires the same logic power
supply. I
> got my 282oz-in steppers from http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/. He
is out
> of these motors, but I think he has some ~250oz-in available.
>
> Good luck,
> Archie

THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
> List Mom List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: