CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Kipware CNC software

Posted by metlmunchr
on 2004-08-25 06:06:41 UTC
You might look at Lathe Quickcode ( I think thats the name). I
downloaded a demo a while back and was really surprised at how much it
would do in a relatively simple manner for little cost ($50 I think).

One caution though, regardless of what programming aids you may use,
your statement "I dont use G code" WILL get you into trouble. Its
only a matter of time. Factory built fully integrated conversational
controls are in a different sphere than conversions, and are designed
to allow the operator to function while staying isolated from the
code. For the setup you have, I would seriously doubt there's
anything that can allow you to stay isolated from the code and not
eventually have a serious problem somewhere down the road.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "djamer88" <dennisf38@a...> wrote:
> Hi guy's thanks for the response's
> The money is hard earned and that's why i like to ask for information
> before i purchase, i did download a demo version but i could not get
> it to work as the software had a limited trial to 3 uses not much to
> work with you have to figure out how to use the software and then try
> and get a part out of it.
>
> I am using an upgraded Denford lathe with GECKO drives and PC control,
> I don't use G code and need to design a part and then have a program
> to translate it to G code for me Flashcut imports the g-code file and
> process's it to step and directioon to the lathe, i did all the
> upgrade myself and it works very well the program that i use now is
> very limited in that it will only do simple OD turning and i need to
> get into inside and threading which the Flashcut system will process
> but i have not found a system i can work with yet again thanks to all
> who have responded.
>
> Dennis

Discussion Thread

djamer88 2004-08-18 08:14:39 UTC Kipware CNC software caudlet 2004-08-18 19:49:39 UTC Re: Kipware CNC software metlmunchr 2004-08-19 07:51:52 UTC Re: Kipware CNC software kakushaku 2004-08-19 08:15:13 UTC Re: Kipware CNC software djamer88 2004-08-24 16:51:05 UTC Kipware CNC software metlmunchr 2004-08-25 06:06:41 UTC Re: Kipware CNC software