CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again

Posted by Vince Negrete
on 2004-11-07 18:44:51 UTC
Mariss this is fantastic news!
Thanks for the info. The future is blinding.

Vince

> Keith,
>
> I'm at kind of a loss here. We have OEMs that run NEMA-42 motors at
> 7A and 72VDC by the hundreds without a problem. The REV11 drive is
> pretty much mature in the sense there are no undiscovered problems to
> deal with. We just busted our best month ever by shipping 2,680
> drives in October; were it a basic problem with the REV11 drive, that
> wouldn't have happened.
>
> Why yours is blowing up while others running similar loads are not
> bothers me. The kind of things that blow drives up; over-voltage,
> load short circuits, inadequate heat-sinkinking are the obvious ones
> of course. You seem to have a gremlin that may be hiding somewhere
> within those restrictions. Please give me a call Monday so we can go
> over that territory. If you can provide me with a circuit diagram of
> your setup or better yet, a digital photo of the guts of your box may
> help me spot something obscure.
>
> To anyone else reading this: Don't buy anything from us until Nov 15.
>
> Then, for 30 days, starting Nov 15 until Dec 15, we are going to have
> a "customer appreciation month" where G201s / G320s will go for $99.
> G210s / G340s will be $129. OEM pricing (100 or more) will be $79 for
> G201s / G320s and $109 for G210s / G340s. Basically a $15 reduction
> for quantities below 100, $20 for quantities above 100. It all ends
> on Dec 16 unless order volume justifies keeping that price reduction.
>
> Why are we doing this? Three reasons.
>
> 1) We took delivery on two brand new pick-and-place machines that
> will come on-line next week. They will relieve the production
> bottlenecks at the 2,500 / month level we have right now with our
> only high-speed machine. These new machines have been installed,
> leveled and are being hooked up.
>
> 2) This coincides with the introduction of the new Vampire G204V
> drive slated to appear before the end of this year. It's been a long
> haul; it is so radically different (CPLD based) that the entire
> production line has had to be revamped for it. It's kind of like
> changing an airport designed for 707s to accept 747s. The devil is in
> the details.
>
> 3) It is a thank you to everyone who bought our product and took a
> chance on an unknown drive by an even less well known, new
> manufacturer. What changes have occurred from the original "REV1"
> G201 (some of you still use them) and what we make now. it has been a
> crazy 5 years; I personally have learned so much.
>
> All these recent efforts will yield big changes now that the CPLD
> thing is under our belts. The coming year will result in a quick
> introduction many new products:
>
> 1) First, the unkillable G204V step motor drive. Short circuits, no
> heat-sink, reversed supply polarity, misswired motors, destructive
> energy dumps, nothing will stop it. Add a novel switching topology
> that doesn't need current reduction to keep the motor cool. Throw in
> [...]

Discussion Thread

Keith Clark 2004-11-07 06:57:15 UTC gecko burned again R Rogers 2004-11-07 07:16:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again john labutski 2004-11-07 07:30:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 10:24:28 UTC Re: gecko burned again Jon Elson 2004-11-07 10:26:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 10:26:25 UTC Re: gecko burned again john labutski 2004-11-07 10:58:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again Greg Jackson 2004-11-07 11:34:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 13:06:37 UTC Re: gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 13:09:09 UTC Re: gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 16:16:02 UTC Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. Dave Fisher 2004-11-07 16:27:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. Dave Fisher 2004-11-07 16:37:30 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. john labutski 2004-11-07 16:38:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. Mariss Freimanis 2004-11-07 16:52:40 UTC Re: gecko burned again Mariss Freimanis 2004-11-07 17:15:39 UTC Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. Ron Kline 2004-11-07 17:55:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again Keith Clark 2004-11-07 18:20:11 UTC Re: gecko burned again Vince Negrete 2004-11-07 18:44:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again turboking@j... 2004-11-07 19:13:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] gecko burned again Mariss Freimanis 2004-11-07 19:58:37 UTC Re: gecko burned again Jon Elson 2004-11-07 20:47:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again Jon Elson 2004-11-07 21:12:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor.. Keith Clark 2004-11-08 19:08:20 UTC Re: gecko burned again ?oil dripping on the motor..