CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless vs. brushed servo motors

Posted by cnc002@a...
on 2004-11-16 19:04:44 UTC
In a message dated 11/16/04 9:50:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
a57chevytruckguy@... writes:

> I am trying to put an old boss back together everything was taken off
> (except the ball screws) so I am staring from scratch and I have been
> seeing brushless servo motors on ebay cheap......I was woundering what
> (besides the the fact 1 has brushes and 1 doesnt) is the differences
> are? Can I use regular controlers?
>
> Thanks eveybody!
>
> Jon

Brushless is the way most companies are going now, you can still use a
regular controller as long as it outputs the proper signals. I know some if not
most of the brushless servo controllers will accept the +/- 10Vdc signals that
are used by the brush type DC servos. Most of the brushless servos I work with
are AC not DC and can be rather expensive.

By the way, when I say regular controller I am talking about the CNC control
not the servo control. You need servo controllers made for the brushless
motors.

Hope this helps some.

Randy A.

a57chevytruckguy 2004-11-16 18:46:26 UTC brushless vs. brushed servo motors cnc002@a... 2004-11-16 19:04:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless vs. brushed servo motors John Heritage 2004-11-16 19:28:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless vs. brushed servo motors Les Newell 2004-11-17 01:31:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] brushless vs. brushed servo motors