CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC

on 2005-04-03 13:44:36 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...>
>wrote:
>
> > If it does generate the thread information automatically
>
> Are you calling me a liar, or asking about a product that is not yet
> released? You did see the threaded part right?
>
> DeskCNC threading is released, it works as shown. You are free to
> program it in any way you desire.

Whoa Fred.
No one is calling or even implying you are a liar.
I except that it does work - that was never in question. What I was
asking was for more information as to HOW to program it.
You say about "You can program it anyway you like " but we can't
BECAUSE we don't know how.
I am not asking about a product that's not yet released because I
don't know what hasn't been released.
As above you have said DeskCNC is released, That's the program I'm
asking about.

> > can it handle
> > different thread pitches like 55 degrees and metric which
> > although it
> > is 60 degrees is a different depth.
> >

> DeskCNC can do threading, as promised, as shown, and it's documented
> how it works. Information about other products and capabilities will
> be released at the appropriate time.
>
> We will be showing lathe threading at our booth at NAMES on April 23-
> 24.

Sorry but I can't get over to NAMES or Rolands show, much as I would
like to attend the latter, maybe next year.
In the meanwhile I'm tied to the internet and groups such as this to
read up on latest releases.
Could you post a link to the documentation please.

> As far as getting access to our user support forum, unless you have
> tried to post cracked software sites, all you have to do is have a
> valid e-mail address.

No I have not tried to post cracked software sites, I cannot even get
past the registration screen.
Everytime I try it says something like "That username is similar to
another user please use a different name" but it won't accept any name
I try.

John S.

Discussion Thread

Fred Smith 2005-04-02 14:56:44 UTC Lathe Threading with DeskCNC John Stevenson 2005-04-03 09:44:02 UTC Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC Fred Smith 2005-04-03 12:06:41 UTC Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC John Stevenson 2005-04-03 12:44:23 UTC Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC Fred Smith 2005-04-03 13:02:03 UTC Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC John Stevenson 2005-04-03 13:44:36 UTC Re: Lathe Threading with DeskCNC