CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

W.E.T.Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] old denford pnc2c controller

Posted by wthomas@g...
on 2005-04-20 10:08:32 UTC
Hi Steve:
Unless the roads are a lot smoother over there then around
Detroit, Michigan, you probably shook something loose. At the last
job I worked at the boss decided to move on the cheap and not use air
ride trailers to move our CNC equipment. Neither of the two pieces
worked right after the five to six mile trip. Later on he purchased
a heavy duty CNC lathe and had it shipped about 30 to 40 miles on a
lowboy up the express way. It vibrated the machine so bad that even
one of the main heavy duty wire connector was so loose that it did
not have power to start it up.
The things I would check for first is that all of the boards
in the controller are in tight. It would be a good idea to remove
each board in the control and clean the connectors. Then look over
the board (close with a glass) and see if you any of the conpolents
are loose or unsoldered and all of the junction of the board are
connected good. You could use a meter and do a contineity check on
the board while you have it out. Also check all the cables (
especially those that could swing or sway on the trip) to be sure
they make a good connection of the wire to the pins of the
connectors. Another thing that can happen is if a switch with a
lever arm that could sway may cause the points to wear and be bad.
Also, with the power off go through and check the whole power trail
from where it comes into the machine to it final point. This takes
some time but in most cases I think you will find the problem.
Good Luck and GOD'S BLESSINGS
Bill