CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope

on 2005-05-12 18:52:17 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@a...>
wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> What's this about PID tuning? What are the inputs to the 'scope?
Some sort
> of encoder or tach on the shaft? Plus some display of the input
commands?

> Alan KM6VV

I took a brief look at the Rutex site and they claim a faster and
better PID for more stable control. Faster than what?? I think than
their old one ?

They show a screen shot of the stable motor operation. And, I gather
that screen is from the software monitoring the motor paramters ?

Also, the people who have po-poo'd G-320's seem to all complain about
tuning. (one was upset that he couldn't tune it without having to
spend the extra $$ for an encoder) but also, everyone who has used a
scope to tune them speaks highly of the drive.

Since there are a few pc-scope free-ware programs, I assumed that
people are using them to tune the servo drives, and that being the
case, I also assumed that someone would have done a "ho-to" about it.

I also assume that 90% of the people tune them quickly and easily or
at least satisfactorily, from the methods at hand.

Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2005-05-12 18:52:17 UTC Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope KM6VV 2005-05-12 19:50:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Mariss Freimanis 2005-05-12 22:58:17 UTC Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Alan Marconett 2005-05-13 10:23:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Mcginnis, Darrell S 2005-05-17 16:37:08 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope