CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope

Posted by KM6VV
on 2005-05-12 19:50:45 UTC
Hi Dave,

I just went to the Rutex site, and there are two programs for tuning servos.
The program (I'm guessing) only works with Rutex drives. It gets info from the
drives over an SPI interface "banged" out on the parallel port. Step/dir go
over the parallel port as well (I think they take turns).

I think P,I & D terms are read from the drive, as well as steps taken. The
stepper is given a command, and the resultant move is recorded and displayed.

I'm wondering if this can be done with Gecko 320s? Probably need an encoder
interface for the PC. Don't know how one would get the PID values read in, 'tho.

Alan KM6VV

turbulatordude wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@a...>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Dave,
>>
>>What's this about PID tuning? What are the inputs to the 'scope?
>
> Some sort
>
>>of encoder or tach on the shaft? Plus some display of the input
>
> commands?
>
>>Alan KM6VV
>

> I took a brief look at the Rutex site and they claim a faster and
> better PID for more stable control. Faster than what?? I think than
> their old one ?
>
> They show a screen shot of the stable motor operation. And, I gather
> that screen is from the software monitoring the motor paramters ?
>
> Also, the people who have po-poo'd G-320's seem to all complain about
> tuning. (one was upset that he couldn't tune it without having to
> spend the extra $$ for an encoder) but also, everyone who has used a
> scope to tune them speaks highly of the drive.
>
> Since there are a few pc-scope free-ware programs, I assumed that
> people are using them to tune the servo drives, and that being the
> case, I also assumed that someone would have done a "ho-to" about it.
>
> I also assume that 90% of the people tune them quickly and easily or
> at least satisfactorily, from the methods at hand.
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2005-05-12 18:52:17 UTC Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope KM6VV 2005-05-12 19:50:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Mariss Freimanis 2005-05-12 22:58:17 UTC Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Alan Marconett 2005-05-13 10:23:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope Mcginnis, Darrell S 2005-05-17 16:37:08 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo drives- Mariss Rutex PID and Tuning with a O-Scope