CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tapper attachment for southbend

Posted by smcdonal
on 2000-06-13 14:21:11 UTC
Carey L. Culpepper wrote:

> Stan: I have a South Bend with the taper attachment. The cross-slide is
> a special piece for taper attachments only. It extends 9 inches beyond
> the back of the carriage and is one piece.This is where you establish
> the basic diameter of the piece you are machining. The cross-slide feed
> screw must be dissabled(disconnect the nut ) leaving the compound to
> adjust your cut. You are looking at quite a project!
>
> smcdonal wrote:
I know sorta know what they look like since I once had a southbend with
this attachment but sold it. I now have a newer southbend and more
attachments but I am require to turn tapers and need the attachment.
Southbend no longer supports the 9" lathe and as such figure I have to
make one if I want it.

Do you have any other attachment for your lathe. I have a steady and
follower if you need the dimensions for these.
Regards
Stan

Discussion Thread

joe 2000-06-12 10:53:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tapper attachment for southbend Carey L. Culpepper 2000-06-12 11:32:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tapper attachment for southbend smcdonal 2000-06-13 14:21:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] tapper attachment for southbend