CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Thought I had it figured out!!

on 2005-06-23 03:50:01 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ed Fanta <atex57@m...> wrote:
Ed;
Thanks for the info. I'm going to use the 320's and I just read the
set up sheet that came with the shipment and it does state not to use
a power supply higher than 5 volts above the motor rating (duh). I
guess I should have figured out that the servo is nothing but a dc
motor with an encoder. But, I'm bein cautious. Don't want to
replace things right away. My transformwer has a 25 volt output
which will yield a 35 volt dc output. Is there a loading resistor
circuit I can go with to knock it down to 30. I don't want to
regulate the supply as it seems not the way to go! Thanks for all
the help.
billyjack>
Whoa there!! Steppers get the higher voltages not servos!! Servos
should
> be used with the same or lower voltage as its rating, sometimes a
little
> higher on a motor with a high resistance in the armature. Which
Gecko

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
[Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

pug_harley_corvette 2005-06-22 12:28:33 UTC Thought I had it figured out!! Ed Fanta 2005-06-22 12:42:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thought I had it figured out!! pug_harley_corvette 2005-06-23 03:50:01 UTC Re: Thought I had it figured out!! Andy Wander 2005-06-23 04:18:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Thought I had it figured out!! turbulatordude 2005-06-23 05:19:14 UTC Re: Thought I had it figured out!! Ed Fanta 2005-06-23 05:24:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Thought I had it figured out!! pug_harley_corvette 2005-06-23 06:33:22 UTC Re: Thought I had it figured out!!