CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: weird motor problem on my cnc mill

Posted by skykotech
on 2005-07-09 20:45:44 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Muse" <mtebob1@s...>
wrote:
> Hi Rick
>
> Do your servo amps take an analog command signal such as 0-10V?
Maybe with
> tach feedback? Seems like I have had a similar problem when the
gain and
> offset pots on the servo amp were not adjusted properly. I used a
precision
> voltage reference box hooked to the command input on the servo amp
to adjust
> and balance the amps.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

No, they are the standard Gecko step/direction servo drives. I do
have some 0-10V input amps that take encoder feedback, and a PCI
card, but haven't converted to that yet (haven't wanted to take the
electronics apart again until I finish some projects).

I should clarify that I believe the problem is inside the motor and
not with the gecko drive...except for the fact that you cannot set
the gain to different values on the gecko drive for each direction
of the motor...

I ran the motor off of a pure DC supply, and it definately sounds
different running CCW than CW. I am confounded why this should be,
since as I mentioned the brushes and bearings *seem* ok. Something
strange going on in the permanent magnet???

Rick

Discussion Thread

skykotech 2005-07-09 10:11:10 UTC weird motor problem on my cnc mill Ed Fanta 2005-07-09 12:00:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] weird motor problem on my cnc mill Bob Muse 2005-07-09 15:11:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] weird motor problem on my cnc mill skykotech 2005-07-09 20:45:44 UTC Re: weird motor problem on my cnc mill R Rogers 2005-07-09 21:17:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: weird motor problem on my cnc mill skykotech 2005-07-09 22:48:27 UTC Re: weird motor problem on my cnc mill