CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: odd yet consistant problem

Posted by roboticscnc
on 2005-09-07 08:41:16 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet" <thom@t...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haushahn"
> <haushahn@c...> wrote:
> > This ole mill I upgraded with soundlogic breakout board and Rutex
> servo drives has an odd problem...I bet one of you sharp fellows can
> tell me what's wrong......Has always done this from the first moment I
> setup ...I am using Mach2.....
> > .
> > .. When I jog an axis back and forth repeatedly , after a couple
> passes that axis , and only that axis stops functioning..Indeed at
> that moment, that motor's leadscrew can be turned by hand , there is
> no fighting back from the rotary encoder senseing change and
> compensating...
> > .
> > ....Then if I want to I can go to another axis and jog it back and
> forth a few times and it will stall the same way also....I should also
> mention that on the mach2 screen , the DRO will continue to change
> numbers as long as I hold down the jog button but motor doesnt move..
> > .
> > Now here is a clue...After the stall , if I poke E-Stop which cuts
> power to the control cabinet- the breakout board, power supplies ,
> servo drives et all. Then restart it and reset on the Mach2 screen,
> then all servo motors will again function normally..
> > .
> > The only thing that I know I have not done 'correctly' is I am
> using a 12 foot long printer cable when 6 foot or less is advised..I
> just havent gone the 24 miles to town for parts in a while..
> > .
> > I have changed around all the configuration variables like minimum
> pulse width in motor tuning , nothing I have tried inside Mach has
> made any difference....And incidently,,, there has never been a stall
> during the running of a program, only during jog , either by keyboard
> or mouseing on the screen ..
> > .
> > Anybody?
> > Steven
>
> Humm...the Rutex drives fault (over current or postition error) and
> latch off (remove power from drive ouputs so you would see the ability
> to rotate the shaft easily by hand) so that a removal of power is
> required to reset them. Sounds like some condition is causing that to
> happen during your jog modes. How do you have the jog speed set? Is
> it 100% of axis velocity or some number under that? The DRO will
> continue to roll even after the fault unless you hook up the fault
> output and make it trigger an e-stop. That of course would just make
> it more frustrating.
>
> So you NEVER have had it do that (one axis die) while cutting?
> Somehow in jog mode it sounds like you are exceeding the dynamics of
> your drives and they are faulting which basically just latches the
> outputs off for that axis.

Hi guys,
I have the same problem using a Gecko 320 @ 63 volts ( ocv ),with a
servo rated at 80 volts max.
I'm calibrating the Z axis on my lathe and running multiple G0
commands. After about 5 minutes running the servo, it jumps and trips
the fault signal, which cuts off power to the servo, even though Mach
2 is still counting. At this point the servo is very hot and I can
only assume this causes it not to be able to keep up with the Gecko.
After resetting the Gecko the same problem instantly reappears but
goes away once the servo cools down.
I'm going to gear it down and see if the problem is fixed.
Regards,
Glen

Discussion Thread

Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 08:53:50 UTC odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-06 14:59:59 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem cstrudwicke@o... 2005-09-06 16:40:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 17:06:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 17:39:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-06 19:38:17 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem roboticscnc 2005-09-07 08:41:16 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-07 11:34:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-07 21:10:14 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-08 14:38:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem