CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: odd yet consistant problem

Posted by caudlet
on 2005-09-07 21:10:14 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haushahn"
<haushahn@c...> wrote:
> I appreciate all the help I get here..I am aggravated that the
documentation that comes with all these components have been lame..I
have 20 years background in restoration of electronic circuits..Hobby
has long been restoring antique radios and obsolete laboratory grade
electronic test equipment..I am not competant working with integrated
circuits but I am capable of following directions and willing to read
long and comprehensive documentation..I looked forward to doing this
mill upgrade but time and again I have had problems that should not
have happened ..I found my problem , I had cranked the current limiter
variable resistor on each of the drives full clockwise..Adjustment of
that resistor was covered in one short paragraph in the instructions.I
had interpreted it to mean that full current would be made available
for the servo motor if turned full clockwise..Given that I am using
the motherboard with those drives and when those drives are fastened
down to the heatsink using the motherboard you cant physically get to
that resistor to change adjustment-- I cranked them each in direction
I understood would give me full power..I was wrong.
> Steven

I know that lack of documentation can be frustrating. In the way of
an excuse, a lot of these components in this part of the market (and
the software) are designed, produced, shipped and supported by a very
small staff...often one person! While these are very talented
technical people, written communication at a level of novice is not
their long suit. The good news is you don't have to pay for massive
amounts of overhead, sales, marketing, legal and tech writers like you
would with a large company like AB. That same motor driver you bought
for less than 200.00 would cost you a bloody fortune from a commercial
source. All engineers tend to hate documentation and have a hard time
understanding how something that is obvious to them is so difficult to
grasp by mere mortals. I can say all this case I ARE ONE! (Engineer)

I'm glad you got your beast running and the pain will rapidly diminish
when you are cutting parts.

Discussion Thread

Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 08:53:50 UTC odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-06 14:59:59 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem cstrudwicke@o... 2005-09-06 16:40:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 17:06:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-06 17:39:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-06 19:38:17 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem roboticscnc 2005-09-07 08:41:16 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-07 11:34:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem caudlet 2005-09-07 21:10:14 UTC Re: odd yet consistant problem Steve Haushahn 2005-09-08 14:38:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: odd yet consistant problem