CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Emco VMC-100

Posted by paul2112_98
on 2005-09-18 13:04:16 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> paul2112_98 wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if anyone has experience of setting up a VMC-100. I
> >bought the machine knowing it had several faults including bad
> >electronics but I now have all 3 axis moving and the machine is able
> >to reference. The problem now is that if I try to either start the
> >spindle or rotate the tool shop the servo drive (aux) psu contactor
> >drops out and a H15 LED alarm (position overrun) is indicated on the
> >servo amp control board, once the aux psu drops out then I get a
> >refence alarm 460 and I'm back to square one. I spoke with a machine
> >service company and their advice was to reload MSD which I did but
> >made no difference. Can anyone shed any light as to what could be
> >causing this?
> >

> Position overrun sounds like one of the travel limit switches is too
> sensitive
> to electrical noise, or possibly even vibration. You might check if any
> cable shielding has gone bad, and that necessary pullup resistors are
> set up properly on the inputs for the limit switches.
>
> I don't know what the alarm 460 is, it just may mean you need to rehome
> after what it thinks is a crash.
>
> Jon

Jon,

Do you have VMC-100? I spoke with a technician at Emco in Germany and
he was very helpfull. His thoughts was that the problem might well lie
with the servo amp power supply board. Apparently once the power for
the aux drives is switched on then it should not be possible to turn
the spindle by hand however with my machine this is possible therefore
problem lies with the main servo board.

Regards,
Paul

Discussion Thread

paul2112_98 2005-09-15 06:29:09 UTC Emco VMC-100 caedave 2005-09-15 08:15:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco VMC-100 Jon Elson 2005-09-15 10:21:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco VMC-100 paul2112_98 2005-09-18 13:04:16 UTC Re: Emco VMC-100