CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport R2E4, HELP!!

Posted by Mike Delany
on 2005-09-19 07:39:26 UTC
Sounds like you stole it. If it is a ridgid ram (big curved neck that
does not adjust) it is going to weigh about 2400 without the BOSS boxes
and controls. That amount of weight is pretty easy to move in the garage
with a pinch bar and some pipe. When we moved mine home, we unbolted the
neck and lifted it off with a forklift and put it back on with a modified
engine hoist (you need to widen the legs so that they will fit around the
base of the mill). With the head on, they are scary top heavy. With it
off, you should be able to walk it across the yard on plywood and pipes.

Mike

Certified heathen and reformed pacifist