CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics

Posted by beau korson
on 2005-09-21 07:56:14 UTC
thanks I'll give vp studio a try. I had been converting the photos as peter
suggested. This is good way to do it but it always seems like there is a
better solution to every problem. thatnks for the help guys.

Martin

>From: umee <umeeumesh@...>
>To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics
>Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:25:06 +0100 (BST)
>
>Hi Martin,
>
>As far as converting a Raster data to Vector is consernd, there are lots of
>free downloadable S/W avalable on the net.
>
>Few years back I too used to convert the Photos (Raster image saved as
>Jpeg) to vector with the help of a software called VP Studio, which was
>pretty simple & user friendly application. And the convertion accuricy was
>upto 80% if the input data was of good qualitty.
>
>Hope this information helps.
>
>Peter Stempel <muchopedro@...> wrote:
>Martin,
>
>Being an architect, this is something I do regularly--though I do not do it
>automatically. You did not say what you are doing now, so you may already
>be doing what I am about to suggest:
>
>The first thing I do is take the photo into photoshop, and take care of any
>distortions, and get the orientation square, etc. I save it as a Jpeg, and
>then import it into autocad via the insert command, insert as raster
>image--Then I stretch the image to match known dimensions, and trace it.
>Having distortions cleaned up, and the image square first really speeds
>this process. Once the information is in, I stretch and align to my key
>dimensions. (I use full autocad, but I imagine that autocad lt has to have
>insert. . . )
>
>I mix hand and computer work very effectively this way. I will ask my
>student's if they know of any automatic software--they are always the first
>to know. Should they suggest something I will post it.
>
>Best,
>
>Peter Stempel
>

>If you find somthing that

martinkorson 2005-09-16 10:23:49 UTC converting photos to vector graphics R Rogers 2005-09-16 10:30:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics caudlet 2005-09-16 10:33:38 UTC Re: converting photos to vector graphics Rod Richeson 2005-09-16 10:38:05 UTC Re: converting photos to vector graphics davegsc@t... 2005-09-16 10:38:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics Peter Stempel 2005-09-16 11:26:10 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics caudlet 2005-09-16 16:45:39 UTC Re: converting photos to vector graphics Fred Smith 2005-09-17 07:47:14 UTC Re: converting photos to vector graphics umee 2005-09-19 01:08:08 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics beau korson 2005-09-21 07:56:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] converting photos to vector graphics whelenremington 2005-09-22 06:45:06 UTC Re: converting photos to vector graphics Chris Duzak 2005-09-22 16:39:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: converting photos to vector graphics Chris Duzak 2005-09-22 19:06:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: converting photos to vector graphics